Re: [A/S] Amonia odor in my fridge

Hunter,
I used to have a 3 way on my Hi-Lo.  Running on 12
volt places a heavy draw on the trailer battery.  This
isn't a problem if your tow vehicle is wired to supply
charging power to the trailer as you pull.

But I can tell you from personal experience that there
were a number of instances where we got to our
campsite, flipped the switch on the lifting mechanism
on the Hi-Lo and got a groan from the hydraulic pump
then silence....a dead battery.  The newer Hi-Lo's
have a manual method to raise the top.  Mine didn't.
Thank goodness for jumper cables.  It was pretty
interesting seeing me giving my trailer a jump start!

Apparently unless you keep that plug contact clean,
any power reduction caused by dirt, corrosion, or
misalignment spells problems very shortly.  You also
have to consider the capacity of your alternator.
Headlights, A/C, fans etc., even the size of the
charging wire must be carefully considered.

Jack