Re: [A/S] F-350 -- Does Ford make Hitch Receivers

That's not a bad idea, I've actually worked with Air compressors on big
trucks before, but it's a little more complicated than that, if I were
to use the air system for say Air brake on a trailer (which
would make me go through with it, since I have a air brake trailer. I
would also need a tank to store up the air, even though it would be
small, they are sometimes hard to find a location to mount them.
They can get to be bigger than you think when a certain amount of air is
needed.  But just think I could mount Air Horns then,  I think I know
someone who has one off a Locomotive, or at the very least I
could go with a semi air horn.

> This is not a joke: folks who do such camping use converted A/C
> compressors under the hood, regular electric compressors with a
genset,
> or special high-powered 12VDC compressors.

I believe you, I drove heavy equipment in the service and the 5 ton
trucks had a system for deflating/inflating the tire while the truck was
in motion for sand and snow.

> The little toys that many of
> us carry won't do the job, they're way too slow.

I have yet to drive out onto the sand though, so . . . .maybe I'll hold
off on this one for now  :c).

Also, after I read the particulars about the Dumping system that I
linked to, I found out it had it's own Electric hydraulic pump, no PTO
needed.

bobb