[A/S] Cheap Airstream/new trannie

Hey our truck is a 1997 Ford F250 PSD extended cab (I know someone
will ask). We had it checked out 3 places and they all agreed a new
transmission and torque converter was needed so in it went with
78,000 miles on the truck. Ouch. Just bought truck last January and
it gave us no problems except it OD on shifter would blink and then
it would go into limp home mode. It makes you wonder if that is the
reason the guy knocked $3000 off the truck with no sweet talking on
our part. Well I guess that's the chance with used private owned
vehicles. BUT we love the truck. Vrrooomm. Hopefully it will be paid
for before another tranny is needed. We had a jeep once that ate them
up and spit them out like watermelon seeds. That one went to auction.
Bye, Kathy