Re: [A/S] another clear coat question

I tried the ammonia trick, lacquer thinner and acetone.  It had no effect on
mine, I used Jasco stripper, and even that took two or three applications in
some cases.  I found that Dupont Polishing Compound will take it off with
quite a bit of elbow grease.  If some one has a better way, get it on the
list, I would love to find an easier way myself.  The steps I used were
stripper(scraped off with a soft scrapper), acetone wash, polishing compound
with a buffer,  Rolite pre polish with a buffer and finally Rolite polish
with a buffer.  I am not sure why, but in several location I have a milky
haze, like the clear coat was not totally removed, or was baked into the
aluminum some time over the past 35 years.  Well, good luck let me know if
you find an easier way.

                                                 Chuck & Lynn
                                                 1965 Overlander