[A/S] Full Timers #1 of 2

<grin>
Hi Hunter,

Our friends have the resources to do whatever they wish. They have restored
all their Airstreams and are continually upgrading each of them.  For them,
their way of living the full timer's lifestyle is profoundly less expensive
than how they lived when they were making their fortunes.

Like many others, we've tried to define full timing. To our knowledge, there
is no such thing as a"Full Timer Cop" in "RV Land" with the authority to
dictate who is and who is not a full timer. The best we can determine is
that the definition is whatever each of us decides it is. None of us are
alike, so full timing for one person is probably different than full timing
for the next person.

One of the common questions we are asked by non-full timers is, "Are you
here for the Winter and staying at one place or are you just bumming around
the country?"

Each time that question is asked, I still do a double take. Neither choice
is even close to what we are doing. Since we've been immersed in our
definition of the full timer's lifestyle, we see many choices available. The
sheer number is almost beyond belief.

In our opinion, full timing is not about staying in one place for the
season. It is not about bumming around the country. It is not about taking
extended camping vacations. It's not about living 365 days in our Airstream.
Or, if we live in our Airstream 360 days, it's not about defining what we
are for the other five days a year. And, it is not about living on the road
(whatever that is).

Instead, for us, full timing is about FREEDOM!! Freedom to go anywhere on
the continent we choose. It's about having the freedom to do what is
important to us as a family - and to do it with our Airstream. We think
that's a priceless freedom and we do it full time.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net