[A/S] P-Trap

I have had some slight odor problem in bath room of my Excella.
Could not figure out where it came from.  Found a thread on the
IRV2 Forum that was helpful.
TT - Problems, Solutions & After Market Products
on the Water in Toilet Bowl thread.

Some toilet bowls, my Thetford Aqua Magic Galaxy for example, has a
built in vent or P-Trap.  If water dries up or gets sloshed out while
traveling the odor from the black water tank can escape.  I tried
filling the bowl and found that it did not overflow but drained out
through the P-Trap.  I called Thetford and they verified that water
is needed in the P-Trap, but not all models have the trap.
I have not found any mention of this in my owners manual.
Am I the only one who did not know this?
By the way, the odor problem is gone.

Don