Re: [A/S] Yikes! Wiring, rewiring, grounding...Please advise

Mary,

Your best and safest bet is to replace your receptacles with ground
fault circuit interrupting (GFCI)  type.  They will have the third
prong, and work irrespective of grounding.  If you can find the
first receptacle on the circuit, you need only replace that one for
protection with a GFCI that protects the rest of the circuit "down
stream" and change all the others to new 3 prong outlets.  If
not get the ones that do not protect down stream and replace them all.
Another option is to add a GFCI to your circuit breaker panel as a main.
 That way, everything in the trailer is protected,
albeit with more potential for nuisance trips.

I would not recommend one of the "in line" extension cord GFCIs, not
that they do not protect, for they do, and well, but only because the
trailer could be plugged in without it.  My personal
preference is a system that "has" to be in the circuit.

Matt