[A/S] LP tanks with OPD and Gauge..

First, thanks to all who chipped in with info on preserving the gauge
function with the new OPD valve...

I have it on pretty good authority that Airstream is using some of the
new tanks, with OPD valve and gauge ,in current production and the gauge
is compatible with the existing Airstream indicator panel...The tanks
have two openings on the top of the tank, one for valve and one for
gauge.. As C. Burke points out no upgrading of old tanks to two
openings...

The new tanks in the 30# size should be available from AirstreamDreams
and possibly others within a 60 day time frame and although more
expensive, will be compatible with the indicator panels we have. I
personally intend to pop for two of these tanks and write it off to the
cost of preserving the functionality of the Airstream...

If anyone is inclined to do the same, I suggest they get in contact with
their favorite supplier and get their name on a list.. Most will
probably be iffy on carrying this item due to limited sales volume and
the first buy may be the only buy...

Eventually everyone will have OPD valves, by law... but the gauges are
like aluminum tanks.. not because I have to have them, but because I
want them.....

Not everyone is happy with the OPD issue.. one of the applications is to
shrink wrap a boat for storage with a big blue plastic bag... the valve
won't let enough gas through to get the torch hot enough...