Re: [A/S] Traveling with cats

<<  However, now that we have a much bigger unit, we plan to try and see
 if we can travel with them.   We know there will be some problems,
 like Disney's Ft. Wilderness will make you check any pet but a dog in
 their kennel, so that when we go in December, we will leave the cats
 behind.>

I don't understand this...can't you leave the cats in the trailer and kennel
the dogs.

 <Cats are also finnicky about traveling in a "moving earthquake" and
 loudly complain when I take them to the vet in their pet carriers.  I
 was thinking about taking a much larger cage which will fit in the
 back of our Mountaineer and allow them to actually see out, and have
 their food, water and litter handy.>

My cats ride in the trailer.... they hunker down in the covered cat box while
on the road.... the first week they hated it, now they don't seem to mind.

< Anyone have any experience traveling with cats?  Any comments will be
 appreciated. >>

I fulltimed for over a year with two cats and two dogs..... I met many others
who also fulltime with cats..... they adjust.

I would hate to be without them..... here they are......

http://members.aol.com/hhamp5246/cats.html

One reason I rarely drove over 2 hours on driving days is because of the
kitties.....

Hunter