Re: [A/S] hitch pins

Tuna, I have been told that people who steal trailers usually have a
small ball (like a swaybar ball) or some similar pointy device that
they simply run up under the hitch.  If I read your post correctly,
you're talking about the hitch latch that you can run a lock through,
above the opening that receives the tow ball. If you want protection
against theft, you probably need a (pricey) hitch lock that covers
the whole hitch opening.  They're available; my son has one for his
boat trailer.  Or, get a Hensley and put the bar in the tow vehicle
when not in use; that'll at least make them work a little to steal
your trailer. ;-)

- Dick
(5368)