Re: [A/S] Ford Report

Hi George,

Bruiser, my truck, now has 49,000 miles on him.  Knowing what I know now I
would not ever want any other vehicle, even if I wasn't towing anything.

I have the powerstroke diesel, it's a pulling machine.  I had a few little
hincky problems but they were quickly fixed at a Ford dealer out west.  I am
extremely happy with the truck.

I did add an exhaust brake, really nice when I was criss crossing the Rockies
and the Cascades. I have the BD brake....

I have noticed most of the tow vehicles I see are either the Super Duty Fords
or the Dodge with the Cummins diesel... more Fords by approx 3 to 1. I am
sure the crew cab has something to do with that as Dodge doesn't make a crew
cab, only an extended cab.

I really love this truck, and that's coming from someone who had 6 Suburbans
before it over the years.

One thing I never thought about with the burbs was having all the heavy stuff
in the back when I was fulltimiming... things      like table & chairs, tool
boxes, ladder, dog food, cat food, kitty litter... lots of heavy stuff that
in an accidnet or even a short stop could fly forward injuring the dogs or
me. In the truck I have a double wall between us and that stuff... that seems
a lot safer to me.

I do feel safe in the truck too, it's 4WD, sits up real high.....

It's a great truck....... I never take it anywhere without someone commenting
on how nice it is... I have tricked it out a bit. (c:

Hunter