[A/S] Refrigerator Fans

Does anyone have any experience with installing a small solar powered fan at
the back of the refrigerator to increase cooling efficiency in hot weather?

The instructions that came with the fan say to run the wire from the small
solar panel down the refrigerator vent, and to mount the fan towards the top
of the refrigerator under and close to the condenser coil.

How do you get the wires down the vent?  On my vent you can't reach the
inlet, and besides, it's covered with a wire mesh screen.  Do you drill a
hole in the side in order to get the wires in?  Also, I can't reach the
underside of the refrig. condenser without removing the refrig.  Does the
fan still help if it's mounted lower on the unit?

I have a 2000 27' Safari.

Charlie O'Rear