Re: [A/S] Do You Believe This Response from Airstream?

Hi Jon,
We had an answer from Charlie who has verified that
the windows and roof vents are probably the only
differences.  I've ruled out the roof vents (except
bath) since I'm using factory installed Fantastic Fans
which come on the Classic line.  I tried to call
Dometic yesterday but their Customer Service line was
hangup up the call everytime it attempted to move me
into the call queue.  So I sent an email requesting
info about fan speeds.  I'm thinking that it may be
possilbe that I have a slightly slow fan.  Slow enough
to affect peak cooling needs, but not show enough
variance on amp draw or input output air temp specs.

I'm reluctant to place a bigger unit on the trailer
for two reasons.  First I really like having an A/C
unit that doesn't drain down the side of the trailer.
A bigger unit (according to the fine folks on this
list) doesn't have that ability.  Secondly and more
importantly, the Penguin is being used on all the A/S
trailers (even those larger than mine) and I can't
seem to detect an undercurrent of a problem.  I would
have expected (since I have posted this information on
2 different A/S listserves) to see someone with a
newer trailer come back and confirm my experience with
theirs.  With no similar response I can only assume
some problem specific with my unit.  With this in mind
I'm convinced there is a fixable solution to this
which does not require moving to a higher BTU unit.

If everything fails and I cannot get resolution, I am
thinking about in extreme temps and full sun
conditions, closing the rear most folding door that
closes off the sleeping area of the Safari.  This will
lessen the amount of inside space that the A/C unit
has to handle.  Once the sun is down or the daytime
sun moves lower in the sky, we would reopen the door.

Jack