Re: [A/S] Do You Believe This Response from Airstream?

> Then I'm not sure what the problem is.... in a 90
> degree situation it will be
> 70 in the trailer right?

Well if I go by the rule of thumb that A/S now
disavows, the lowest temp you should expect with an
outside temperature of 90 is 70-75 degrees.

In a 100 degree
> situation.... drive to a 90 degree
> place...or park in the shade.

Yea.  A real bummer since we like to go beachfront
campgrounds and you no there is no shade there.

> We are in the middle of a nationwide heat wave
> (oddly, the SE seems to be the
> coolest place) you might be expecting too much from
> the air conditioner.

Temperatures in the middle or upper 90's in the
midwest are fairly typical of July and August.
Personally I don't consider it a heat wave until we
reach 99+ for multiple days.  I think the local news
media  here in STL love to generate "heat wave"
stories.  I'd love to meet one of them and say "guys!
its summer...it gets hot!".

> Have you called Dometic yet?

I dropped an email to the gentleman who supplied me
with the testing procedures.  He already has told me
that he can't comment on the suitability of the sizing
of the A/C to my Airstream since he isn't privy to the
technical aspects of the A/S (insulation, heat gain,
windows, etc.)

I did take another approach though in my email and
asked if it was possible for the fan to be turning
slower than normal which would affect the volume of
air passing across the coils.  All of the testing
procedures note that the fan needs to be on high
speed.  I'm now wondering if my fan could be a little
slow.  Not enough to be noticeable or show up in the
amp draw test.

Some of these designs work on a thin margin and
something just slightly off of design specs may be the
smoking gun points to the problem.

I'll keep you informed.  I'm confident that I will
eventually find a cause and hopefully there will be a
solution.

Jack