Re: [A/S] Dodge 1500 with 318 and tow package.

Hi Chris

You and I are in a similar situation. I have an 85 ford van with a 351 CI V8
and 3:54 rear end. I am also looking at getting in the future a Truck (I too
want a new toy) to tow my 31'. I am looking at the Fords my self...second
would be a GMC. Having been a mechanic for a number of years I have seen
which were the most reliable and I would go with a ford. Go with a 250 or
350. I am looking at the big block 460FI. With that engine and a 4:10 rear
end you could tow a house thru the woods and not know it was there. If you
want more fuel economy and slightly less pulling power you could go with a
3:73 rear end. What year is your Van? Is it Carburetor?
Either way I would not get a small block 318. After you factor in AC, the
trucks own weight, and the trailer you are really pushing that little engine.
Jon