Re: [A/S] brake controllers

Bob, if the trailer and tow vehicle are maintaining a steady speed or
decelerating at a steady rate, I don't think the inertia type would activate
the trailer brakes at all. The inertia type presumes a change in speed
before the pendulum would move. All brake controllers I'm familiar with have
a manual braking control -- some sort of slide bar or switch that operates
the trailer brakes independent of what the tow vehicle is doing. That's what
I do if I want to activate the trailer brakes when the controller is not
automatically applying any braking force. Just slide the lever toward more
braking force on the brake controller attached to the dash. Works for me.

Jim Greene