Re: [A/S] Results from Service.

> I guess I misread... sounded like he got the trailer a lot cooler
than you
> did.

No, I don't believe he knew that his reference thermometer wasn't
accurate.  Also working in a hot 90+ degree service area into a
trailer in the low 80's might seem very comfortable....at first.

>Start
> the a/c early in the day, don't wait til it gets so hot in the
trailer that
> it can't catch up.

In this case on our last trip a couple of weeks ago we would start
out inside at 72 degrees (with the compressor cycling) in the early
morning.  As the temperature inside rose as the compressor would stay
on steady about 10 AM and it would get progressivly warmer reaching
its peak at about 3 or 4 PM of 84-86 degrees inside.  Outside air
temps were about 10 degrees higher.

> I have the same size a/c and as long as there's some humidity it
cools the
> trailer to comfortable temps.

That's interesting, as I would expect the unit to be in its most
effecient state in a low humidty condition.  I thought that a good
deal of cooling capacity in an air conditioner is eaten up in the
dehumidification process.  The lower the humidity, the temperature
drop across the coils would be increased.

> If *I* were you I would call Dometic and ask them what they think
about
> it.... (219) 463-4845.

I did email them and the posting I made last week of checkout
procedures was their answer.  In a subsequent email they stated that
since the drop across the coils was 18-20 degrees, the unit probably
was operating properly.  They could not comment about the sizing of
the unit since it depended upon inside square footage, windows and
other openings, and insulation factors.  Bottom line it was now
something that I have to deal with A/S about.

My last resort is that dealer has an identical 2002 Safari on the
lot.  I could ask him to put us both in the same location and see
which one cools better.

Thanks for the thoughts.  So far most of the answers I have received
to this issue are stating that their units are providing superior
cooling when compared to mine.

Jack