Re: [A/S] Installing new floor in a '52 Airstream

Did we determine whether Dan is replacing the floor-covering (tile) or the
sub-floor (plywood)?

Is this '52 a late 'pipe-frame' or an early 'ladder-frame'? This can make a
difference in either case...

Jay, the service manager at Oasis RV in Tucson was telling me about the
restoration he did years ago, on a '48 Airstream Something-or-Other... he
said he pieced new the sub-floor in, in sections. He says that's how they
built 'em in the first place... Me, I'm replacing the frame (keeping the
'pipe'), and 'truck', replacing the leaf-spring suspension with a Henschen
Dura-flex axle... still looking for some aircraft honeycomb sandwich for the
new sub-floor...

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
WBCCI#8862/VAC