Re: [A/S] Overlander Question

Chuck,

To solve your problem, I suggest that you look into three references: 1) RV
Repair & Maintenance Manual by Bob Livingston; 2) The owner's manual for
your A/S;  3) A service manual from Secretarial Services; 4) Try to locate a
Bargman web site.

Keep in mind that the modern wiring code for a Bargman 7-way round connector
is very different from the older A/S like my '69 Safari.

The center large terminal of the Bargman is NOT a ground unless it is
changed from an auxillary connection - like back up lights to be a ground.
In DC wiring, a white wire is typically ground.  Looking from the rear of
the connector, the first pin off the notch in a counter clockwise direction
is pin 1 and should be ground.

The old style A/S connector will have a large pin as an outer connection.
This large pin is the ground pin.

If you have voltage from the center (auxillary pin) to all other connectors,
you have a real problem!

                                                              '69 Safari,
Joy