[A/S] Overlander Question

Under the front belly of our 1965 Overlander is a small access panel that
leads to the wiring connections from the hitch to the rear of the trailer.
There seems to be a breaker or relay there.  Mine keeps making a noise like
it is trying to reset or poping off when the tow vehicle is connected.  Can
anyone tell what thes is?  Shpould I be concerned?  What part of the coach
does it deal with?  Where should I start looking to repair it?  Any answers
or advice would be appreciated.

                                                             Thanks,
                                                             Chuck & Lynn
                                                             1965 Overlander