Re: [A/S] Dodge Ram 2500

Harvey,

Thanks for your response.  And there's no need for apologies, you told
me exactly what I wanted to know…the facts about that PU and your
opinion based on your experience.  I had a feeling that it wasn't
going to be adequate for the big AS.  Back in the early 80's I towed a
26 AS with a Dodge 318 van on a couple of 200 mile trips in Michigan
and had to use 2nd gear for some of the hills.  It was doable, but it
took a lot of attention to what the van was doing in addition to
minding the road and it made for a very tiring trip.  I'd rather not
go through that again.

After researching used diesel pickup trucks this weekend, I'm sure
that is the way to go. And it isn't going to cost much more than an
equivalent gas version in a mid 90's truck.

I'm in the process of educating myself on diesel engines so I know
what to look for and ask about.  I hope to learn enough to know or at
least get a felling if an owner is being straight with me. I tried to
find the Cummins site you mentioned but didn't have any success.  I'd
appreciate know the URL for that site.

Thanks again Harvey.

Don Firlik
Grand Rapids, MI.