Re: [A/S] Re: Airstream Motor Coaches -- Sunnybrook

Hello Hunter et al,

I wasn't suggesting that Sunnybrook doesn't make a quality product;  it was
merely coincidence that I read the account just prior to your post
mentioning that brand.  Actually, I've only ever considered Airstream.  But
perhaps since I'm about to get my new stream (July) the story struck me as a
cautionary tale.

Someone on our list had problems with a new Airstream after an accident
during delivery bent the frame.    (Remember your communication with the
president of Airstream?  We were all concerned about the need for attention
to quality control if memory serves me.)

What does amaze me is the interconnection of all the mishaps.  Maybe a court
of law can establish monetary values for parts of responsibility.  But the
knot of forces seems tied in a way that defies untangling.  That no one was
hurt in the accident is wonderful.  But I imagine that had there been loss
of life or limb litigation would have enough impetus to assign
responsibility.

I certainly have driven new vehicles with only a phone conversation to my
insurer who says my contract covered me in the interim until the new
adjustment arrived in the mail.

The fellow notes that people hung up on him, including the president of
Sunnybrook.  One wonders what approach the caller used that such a response
ensued.  Hmm.  And the most ironic thing is that the legal fees have grown
to such a larger sum than the original value of the lost trailer.  When do
we let something go that we are fixated on or believe passionately about?
(And does the fellow really believe that he bears no responsibility?  Maybe
he doesn't.)

The insurance factor is what boggles me the most.

As for the man's obsession (with which I can certainly empathize),
Hippocrates wrote, "Life is short and art long, the crises fleeting,
experience perilous, and decision difficult."

Say what!

all persuasions -- no violence,

                               george

mail to: georgedaneri@msn.com