[A/S] re: Argosy Motorhome seating modifications

One important point: the Argosy I am looking at has no 2nd Dinette seat (nor the
raised floor portion) - it was removed way back in ancient history.  Another
important point - the Dinette seat that is remaining is very uncomfortable and
unsafe - no head rest, no real seat support.

Since I last posted, the current owner of the Argosy in question and I drove it to a
small San Jose  van conversion shop - the shop would have no problem in replacing
the driver seat and front passenger seat with  modern Flexsteel Captains Chairs -
one version even has a built in shoulder belt. Installing a 3rd seat is the big
problem. The floor is directly over the fuel tank so putting big bolts into the
frame/floor is out of the question. What we will probably do is make a steel sub
frame to attach behind the front passenger area and the drop step well - not an
especially elegant solution, but it will work. The bed problem is still not solved,
but an inflatable twin size mattress on the floor will have to suffice.

thanks for all of your suggestions - this looks like a very good list! (and I am on
a lot of them)

Dave Richoux