[A/S] Question on Electricity

Hi All,
This is my first time posting.  My Husband and I bought a 1961 22
foot Safari last November.  Last week we set it up on my sister-
inlaws farm and are now living in it.  My Husband and I are having a
disagreement on how to get enough AMPS into our Airstream.  He has it
hooked up to power that is in a small shed into a regular grounded
plug.  This shed has its own power box from the house and only
supplies power to an overhead light which is not left on.  The plug
coming out of the trailer is a 15 amp plug original to the trailer
and though back in the 60's I am sure it was enough power to run
everything, but we are drawing so much power that something as simple
as playing the TV and making coffee at the same time makes the sound
on the TV go up and down.  We have an electric hot water heater and
when turned on the lights dim.  Also our Air Conditioner does not
cool (When run with nothing but the fridge and a battery charger) I
suspect that there is not enough power to turn on the compressor.
And I can not use my Microwave because it just draws too much.  Now
we both agree that we need to have 30 Amps.  Our disagreement is on
how we go about it.  I say that we need to run a separate 30 amp box
from the main power source, by an adapter and 30 amp extension cord
and plug in that way.  He says that if he hooks up a 30 amp female to
male adapter to a 30 amp extension to a 30 amp male to female adapter
to the 15 amp outlet and that would draw 30 amps.  I say no it
wouldn't because that outlet is only pullin 15 amps.

Please Help!

Thanks Laura and Fred