Re: [A/S] Re: Ford F-150 crash test

Hunter,
I thought part of the issue was that the Explorer
inflation recommendations supplied by Ford were too
low.  Couple the marginal inflation recommendations
with a situation where the owner allows the pressure
to drop even further (sometimes we don't check
pressure as often as we should), we get the situation
where the tire overheats and delaminates.

I think we have lots of reasons, tires, inflation
recommendations, consumer maintenance, and vehicle
design came together in a nasty situation.  Somewhat
Titanic like.

Jack