[A/S] Re: Ford F-150 crash test

As in all things, you must take these tests with a grain of salt.  The
F150 has proven to be a very safe vehicle in crashes by the statistics
of actual crashes.  There is a very important reason to try to
demonize the F150 because of it's market lead.  There are other tests
that show different results and one must always cast a jaundice eye on
any test and compare it with other facts.
A for instance is the Explorer.  I have seen the govt. tests film of
an Explorer that had each tire flattened intentionally at 70 mph.
With hands off the vehicle was carefully braked to a straight ahead
stop.  That leads me to think that people over react in a blow-out and
cause their own accidents.
The news media cannot be relied upon to report all pertinent facts.
Often that would make the report too boring and not sell.
All I am saying is that one should investigate carefully all these
reports and make their own decision.