[A/S] Water Heater Themostat

Hi all,

I have a '92 Excella 29' with an Atwood water heater.  The literature in the manuals says that the thermostat is not adjustable on my model and is set for 140 degrees.  The water doesn't seem to get very hot.  I'm wondering if 1) is there a problem with the thermostat sensor, 2) if sensors are not typically a problem can the stat be replaced with an adjustable one, 3) is it likely that the faucet fixtures are leaking cold water in when on full hot?

I have virtually no experience with the trailer.  I've showered in it only once, while it was in the driveway at home.  My first trip with it starts tomorrow morning (Woo Hoo!) for a 3 day weekend.  So I'll know more after the weekend, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and what the cause may have been.