RE: [A/S] Black Tank (was Pickup (and other) Questions)

My '69 AS has the rear bath with black tank, dump valve, and battery located
in the rear trunk. There is an opening in the tank vent pipe with a
removable screw-in plug accessible from the trunk.  Using the opening, it is
easy to add extra flush water to the tank while dumping. Because of the
potential (however slight) of the "rear droop" problem with 69 and early
'70s Airstreams, I never travel with waste in the tank. Adding water before
or during dumping prevents any towering terror from building up.

Jim