[A/S] picture files section of Airstreamlist/files

Here's what i've noticed -

1) The list is notified automatically by yahoo groups when a file is posted
to the list's files (if the person posting the file leaves the 'automatic
notification box' checked), and includes a link to the file... BUT - this
notification ALWAYS arrives BEFORE the picture/file is actually added or
available for viewing... usually minutes, sometime hours...

2) Files with long filenames cluttered with #@!%&* symbols are often
indecipherable by different browsers, and can almost be relied upon to
produce inaccessible files/pictures...

3) For some reason, the 'cookies' which retain a member's access/id/passcode
to a yahoo group site are randomly deleted or altered, or maybe just not
'read'... hence the problem with people having to 're-register' every time
they want to go to the group site...

4) We're still in the early days of this brave new internet world - we'll be
telling future generations what it was like 'in the old days, when we had to
log on via telephone lines, in the snow, uphill - both ways...'

5) The most absurd example of a website modification screw-up i've ever seen
happened just today - I logged on to Amazon.com to buy a book - found it
within seconds... and then after spending ten minutes looking at all the new
features they've added to the shopping page - I tried to buy the book, and
discovered that some idiot webmaster forgot to include the 'Add To Shopping
Cart' or 'Buy This Book' button when they updated the page!! I wonder how
many hundreds of thousands of dollars that stupidity is going to cost Amazon
today?

Tuna