Re: [A/S] extra sharp cheddar

George - I joined the list about a year ago - early june, it was; list
members urged me to be patient and wait for my airdream to present itself -
which it did, in fairly short order. It was not tow-able, but i decided to
hit the road in late june and stopped off in Bismarck, ND for the
International. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, my first face-to-face
contact was with Bill Scott, who was working on the vintage concours judging
while everyone else was at the exhibit hall... I met dozens upon dozens of
terrific folks; Tom Patterson, Tom Howarth and his delightful family, and
many others too numerous to mention; and was treated like a welcome guest by
all - even sans A/S...

I joined the WBCCI and VAC on the spot, attended the VAC general meeting,
and spent one fantastic day in Bismarck. I heartily recommend that if at all
possible, you scoot up to Sioux Falls, at least for a day, and meet and
greet the folks.

My '48 Trailwind is still off the frame, the shell up on blocks, and
probably won't be ready by late June, but i'm going to make the trek to
Sioux Falls anyway, if at all possible.

BTW - we live in a wonderful world, don't we, where something as potentially
devastating as that malignant melanoma can be dealt with? Good on you, for
the early detection.

I'm turning 51 in July - an astonishingly immature 51, at that. I've been
living my life sort of 'backwards' - I more-or-less retired at age 26 - went
on the road full-timing in my first Airstream, working odd jobs around the
country until i settled in California - worked on and off at a variety of
even odder jobs until i found my life's work when i started college at age
45...

Good Luck, Fair Winds, and Following Seas -

Robert 'Tuna' Townsend, Merchant Captain (ret.)
'48 Trailwind
'49 Jeepster
WBCCI#8862/VAC
Reno, NV