[A/S] Polishing

In talking to a couple of Listies off list about cheap polishing
alternatives, it occurred to me that this information may be of
interest to others. I get catalogues from Harbor Freight, a company
that sells a lot of elcheapo tools and some very good bargains. In
any event they have a random orbital polisher 10" on sale now for
$14.99 and bonnets to fit it are 2 for 3.49. The operative phrase
here is "random orbital." Its so cheap it would be worth a gamble.
You could call it your "throw down polisher."

If you are interested call them up at 1-800-423-2567 ask for item #
43424-2BR. Bonnets item number is 43431-1BRB. If you order one I
would order at least a doz bonnets because they have a habit of
having things in one issue of the catalog and then two weeks later
its gone.

For what its worth, in my shop we go through a lot of battery
drills. I have been ordering their Chicago 18 volt drill for $39.99
and it outlasts my Makitas. Most people who use battery drills know
the value of an extra battery but the extra battery in this case for
$29.99 is not a bargain when for only $10 more you can get another
drill (which includes battery and charger). So you would have the
advantage of two batteries, two chargers, and an extra drill all for
less than half of a big name drill. I don't leave home without a
battery drill in my MH tool box.

I hope this isn't too far off topic. I have no connection with
Harbor Freight. In fact, you have to watch the carefully because
quite often they will say "free shipping" then proceed to charge you
for it anyway. Its just that I have found a couple of sleepers in
their catalog of tools. I don't know anything about the polisher.

Steele