Re: [A/S] Two Questions

Hi Ed,

I tried to find a drum polisher that was either reasonable in cost
or didn't require a major investment in a large air compressor. I
chose instead, a Cyclo Orbital Polisher. It is available from two or
three places but Top Of The Line seems to be the least expensive -
$223. It has twin brushes and I was not able to make it swirl with
Rolite Metal Polish or the AP300 finish polish. It may not be as
aggressive as a larger sander/polisher when using a pre-polish for
cutting but for me I felt it would be kinder and gentler.

Go here:   http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/cycorpol.html

They also have a plastic model that is .5 pounds lighter and about
$70 cheaper. I compared the motor specs and chose the metal one.

Go here to look at it:
http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/mytorpol3.html

Rolite's polishing system is a three step process. It consist of a
Pre-polish which cuts the oxidation, a Metal Polish which brings it
up to a pretty good shine, and AP300 a finish polish which makes it
shine like a mirror.

My motor home was polished a little over a year ago (by someone
else) and it is already beyond what the AP 300 0 cut finish polish
would polish. After playing with it for a while I have decided to do
the whole thing with Rolite Metal Polish. I have not yet decided
whether or not to use the AP300.

Hello Hunter, et al. I flunked retirement and have been working out
of town. I have missed the List but am back and have been lurking
for a week or two.

Steele

PS, When talking to the lady at Top of the Line, she said they are
just before handling Rolite and according to her they would be
cheaper than others. They are essentially an automobile detailing
supply house. They have a good selection of foam heads and bonnets,
as well. As far as the cost is concerned, to me, $10 on the cost of
polish is peanuts compared to the labor and other costs involved.

1981 28' Isuzu Turbo Diesel - about 90% restored
WBCCI 1083
Ebert and Marilyn Steele
La Marque, Texas