[A/S] questions from a newbie...

I joined this list when we purchased a 1963 Globetrotter last fall.  With
the cold weather we have mainly just let it set - but it is now at a shop
being checked over. For sitting around for 13 years - it is not in bad
condition and is all original except the floor tiles have been removed and
carpet has just been cut and laid in  the space on the floor. The cushions
had been recovered... and need replaced...

The good news - the furnace, stove and fridge are working fine!  The
repairmen said the fridge got down to 10 degrees (I hope he means the
freezer portion!)  But we need to repair or replace the copper water pipes -
at least in the joints.  Do you guys suggest replacing the copper pipes with
plastic pipes? Or should we try having the pipes repaired? I guess the
problem is in the joints of the pipe - and we would need to find someone
else who can "sweat" the pipe.  (I am a real rookie - not sure what that
means!)

The other problem is that we found out we have split rims - and I ignored
the posts previously about them... as I did not think we had those... I
guess the rims are original too.   Is there a certain type of rim we should
be looking for?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Mary in KS