Re: [A/S] Suburbans vs conversion vans

Diane,
GMC has a trailering guide that lists the different
truck lines along with engine, axle combinations and
towing capacities.  I know in the van category I was
surprised that some of the larger engines or taller
axle ratios require you to upgrade the van to the 2500
or 3500 series.  The net towing capacity from some of
the upgrades was as little as 500 lbs.

You might want to obtain one to get a better idea of
the differences in Suburban and Van towing capacities.
Obviously the figures would apply to most of the Chevy
vehicles also.

Jack