[A/S] Shocks 'n things

Oh, good question Tuna!
I don't really know what the early tubs had-I always thought that they
all had the Heyes Dura-torque with a "standard" shock absorber ( a
Gabriel shock, no less!). I have yet to see one with coil-overs or leaf
springs...makes one wonder about clearance for the floorpan.
Bob, a slot for the stud....hmmm. Maybe! I'll take a closer look at
that. The studs look like they've been factory-welded at the base; you
can still see the hex head, but it's got a weld around it. This poor
trailer does not know what hit it...completely stripped to the frame
members, both shell and body. My wife thinks I'm nuts to rehab it, but
what can I say? Everyone needs a hobby.
Just finished with a new wiring harness for the running/stop/signal
lights... the rodents had a nice snack on the old wires...Nest..what
nest?? That's a condo!!