[A/S] Vintage Airstream Lighting

There is hardly a one of us with vintage Airstreams that haven't agonized
over broken fixtures or poor lighting coverage with the stock fixtures.
When I first restored my 66 Safari I searched high and wide for the stock
plastic covers. I was finally successful and got all units working BUT the
lighting was poor in the galley and bathroom.
Somewhere along the line a previous owner had put an old fluorescent
fixture above the stock incandescent fixture in the bathroom. It did not
work so I pulled it out and bought a $16 cool white fluorescent in it's place.
The two fixtures have been available to me for grooming for a year. In
every case I have switched on the fluorescent. It provides much brighter
and softer light and I believe, draws less current.
This experiment has convinced me to replace all overhead lights with the
fluorescent. If I want mood lighting, I just fire up the four bullet lights
or use candles.
As a former Hollywood lighting director I never thought I would settle for
fluorescent but now I am sold.
Bob
PS I have heard about LED lights that draw hardly any power but provide
great ambience. Anyone got any leads?