Re: [A/S] Nice Campgrounds

Buy the big fat woodalls directory, they rate campgrounds.  If a
campground says long term, you may have folks living there and they may
not be tidy.

also go to
http://www.tldirectory.com/index.cfm?CFID=4323354&CFTOKEN=58157513

You do have to register, but they have a good rating system too.

In general, State, County and Federal parks are nice, some don't have
full hook ups though, and not all take reservations.

When I was tent camping, the number of sites (big =not nice, usually)
and the number of tent vs RV sites can give you an idea of how rustic
the place is.  Away from cities is good too.

Our favorite technique is 2 or 3 or 4 days of roughing it and then a
night at KOA to clean up, fill up and generally run everything until
we're tired of it.

Daisy