Re: [A/S] Re:Re: Airstream Maintenance Manual

Bob and other listees,

I find that the Internet is a super way of accumulating information about
many of the items in the trailer.  Although a maintenance manual came with
our '93, I have been adding to it.

Whenever someone on this list has an issue on something that either
interests me or I know "I have one of those", then I follow instructions to
the website, copy pages of information, and put it into my 3" binder.

I know this doesn't help you when it comes to a description of the way
Airstream has routed wiring or plumbing.  As far as the appliances and some
other things like gas bottle info from Worthington, etc., the info is out
there!

Last year while at Sarasota, I had a Fantastic Fan installed up forward in
the front lounge.  The installer was in and out in no time....they really
know their stuff.  A while later, I noted that our night light in the galley
would go on.  A circuit breaker was tripped and wouldn't reset.

Knowing that several screws were "just" screwed into the ceiling, I waved
down the Fantastic Fan guy and he came right in and found he had dinged the
wire.  He repaired it and was off in a short while.

But, I was amazed at the location of the 120VAC wiring.  Why they would run
that in the ceiling is beyond me.  The only thing up there that is 120VAC is
the A/C unit.  I would have thought that would be the only need up there.
Apparently, it is cheaper to run everything up there and then down?

You would need a manual to know this!

Good Luck,

Rich Walbridge