[A/S] Split rims (revisited)

This has probably been covered, but I could not find the thread #. I've
a '68 Overlander, double axle, and cannot get a straight answer from
anyone if this thing has the infamous split rims on it. Some locals say
you can't tell by looking, you've got to taken the tire off, others say
this year did not have them, others say they did. Is there any
definitive way of telling without taking the tire off? I am oing to get
new sneakers on the trailer anyhow, but if I have to replace the wheels
as well, I'm going to do it in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rick