Re: [A/S] Silver Motorhomes

LOL, I don't think motorhomes are the cause of the decline of the present
WBCCI membership..... I think Father Time is.

The charter members are all getting up in years and many are either dying or
dead.

The WBCCI is being run my the old line Airstreamers who are doing nothing to
promote trailer sales and the WBCCI.  Once you are in the club and go to a
rally you will find very nice welcoming people (for the most part).. but they
need to attract the customers.

Their brochures have pictures of 1955 caravans to God only knows where.....
they need to update their promotions, update their sales materials to reflect
the younger blood they are trying to entice.

It's time for Baby Boomers to retire and buy a new RV..... I never see ads
for Airstreams.... or if I do I don't remember them so they can't be very
effective.

They should be advertising in hip magazines..... personally I wouldn't want a
travel trailer that wasn't aluminum.... an Airstream,  an older Avion, a
Silver Streak or a Streamline.... Oh and lets not forget the Spartan.  I know
there are more.

To me an Airstream or A/S lookalike are the *only* trailers that are classic
looking.  Fiberglass boxes do nothing for me. I imagine many baby boomers say
the same thing. People like "classic" things.... Thor's marketing department
and the WBCCI are missing an opportunity to pounce on the next generation of
RV owners.

Hunter