[A/S] Re: Flooring (was Corrected web address)

Sherry,

Thanks for the info about the cork flooring at
http://www.corkfloors.com  I called and talked to Mike Toby at West
Cork, and he said the total materials would run about $4 psf. This is
approximately comparable to Pergo type products. I personally would
not install a Pergo product because of the hardness, slipperiness,
noisiness as well as the water damage I have seen it sustain. The
cork is softer, quieter, impervious to water and the urethane coating
would offer better traction. The cork has an R5 insulating value
also. We had a cork floor in our kitchen when I was growing up and it
was great. Thanks for the tip.

John H.