[A/S] Argosy Newbie

I just bought an Argosy for my teen to live in. I bought it because I
knew Airstreams were good and I thought it would hold its value.
Unfortunetly I didn't check it out very good. It needs lots of work
and parts.I don't expect to travel in it. It is a '79 according to
the bill of sale. I did a search and found this group. I would first
like to figure out what I bought. There is a vin # on the receipt. Is
there a site I could interpret it at? Or maybe I could describe it
for someone here who knows. Its aboout 30' long and has a full bath
in the rear. It has a middle room with a fold out bed and an entrance
couch type piece with a fold out table to the right and a kitchen on
the left. Above the stove it has an interesting control panel box.
One problem is a water leak on a hose going into the hot water heater
in the middle room closet. The material is grey and it has a crimped
fitting holding it onto the fitting of the heater. How do you fix
that? The front door assembly is in need of replacing also. Best
place for parts? Thanks