[A/S] Unadilla, Georgia - Jan. 31, 2000

Hi Gang,

Boy, did I sleep last night..... just snug in my comfy bed in the Airstream.
It was so peaceful and quiet in the Georgia woods.

I was apprehensive about driving thru Atlanta down I-75.  They have narrowed
the lanes by turning 3 into four.  I had 18 wheelers on both sides of me and
wasn't looking forward to threading the needle between them on the narrow
lanes. All of a sudden they were all gone...... they turned off onto the
bypass.... I can only surmise that they aren't allowed thru the city on 75.
Just as I was feeling relief, as I was the big dawg on the road, I realized
my low fuel light was on.  I checked my readout... oops.... 18 miles til
empty.  As I drove I could feel my heart getting thumpy... I know what a
hassle it will be if I do run empty..... finally I was south of the city...

I felt right at home.  Jonesboro, my maiden name is Jones.  I bought my
Airstream in Jonesboro. I actually bought it sight unseen over the phone.
Went and picked it up 10 days later.  I had called Hensley to ship another
hitch to the dealer, as it arrived late in the day the dogs and I spent the
night in the new trailer on the dealer's lot.  It was pretty cool. Anyway, I
passed Jonesboro and pretty soon I passed Hampton.... gosh, only three more
names to go (c:

Then I saw it, a sign at an exit with diesel fuel........ off we went with
ounces to spare.

The rest of the drive was uneventful.  I did a total of 180 miles today, more
than I like but it was okay.  I finally got to Unadilla and the Coast to
Coast "resort".  NOT.
It's a "next to the freeway" camper park. It is big though.... and they do
have a dataport in the laundry room. I gave her the $6.00 and drove around
the place three times trying to find the perfect spot.  Other campers were
scratching their heads.

After I hooked up I de-winterized, and took the dogs for a walk over to a
large pasture with some cute young horses who came over to visit and get
scritches. Then we wandered around the park and saw a fellow doing something
with his Hensley hitch.  Nosy person that I am I sidled over for a closer
look. "Having a problem with your Hensley?" I inquired.

"Yes, we noticed the trailer is traveling a little off center, and I can't
get it straight." He was measuring everything..... it was off about 1.5
inches.  I leaned down and turned the big nut on the arm thing.  "That won't
do it", he said.  I kept turning. It tightened and centered everything.
"Measure it now," I said. It was perfect. (c:

Poor guy, he was out there for so long trying to fix it and I did it in 30
seconds.

YESSS!!!

Then I wandered over to another camper just setting up... he and his wife
have a class C and pull a PT Cruiser as their toad. I've never seen one up
close.  The wife got the key and practically pushed me inside.  It was way
too cute.  It's like a mini suv, much bigger than I would have thought.  I
won't be giving up Bruiser anytime soon, but if I ever wanted a car.........

I came back and plugged in the electric hot water heater and later double
checked my dewinterizing procedure.  Did it wrong... I had all three valves
wide open at the hot water heater.... closed the bypass and all is well.  I
finally washed two days worth of dishes. After 3 years of looking I found a
dish drying rack that fits into the second sink...love it!!

So, as the sun sets here on Unadilla, the dogs and cats and I are comfortable
and looking forward to visiting friends in Wellborn Florida tomorrow.

Hunter