[A/S] Re: Hitchin' up

     According to my recollection, George James said the value of the
wheel is that the jack support point wants to move when you jack the
trailer up and down; this puts stress on the jack.  The wheel moves
with the jacking; naturally, you have to chock it when everything is
set.  I personally don't think this is too great of an argument - the
jack does get stressed, but it can flex enough to relieve the stress
without damage.  I'd just as soon have the trailer firmly anchored to
the ground, as Phil said and for the same reason.

- Dick
(5368)