[A/S] Single axle Airstreams

Hi Gang,

Over the years I've developed a few impressions about towing with single axle Airstreams. The number
one priority for me is the age stamped on the tire. Once they are four years old, I begin looking
for new tires, regardless of what the old tires look like. Second priority is PSI based on the
weight of the trailer. There are additional considerations of lesser priority.

Granted, I seldom put more than 8,000 miles on a set of tires in any one year. There are many more
miles left in my tires when I buy new ones, but in almost 50 years of towing single axle trailers,
not one young tire has ever given me grief. That doesn't mean it couldn't occur, just that it has
not yet occurred. For me, tires on a single axle trailer are a non-issue.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net
1967 22' Safari - PSI 60# with single axle
1977 31' Excella 500 - PSI 65# with double axle

PSI was determined by tire manufacturers chart in
conjunction with actual trailer weight as found
by "A Weigh We Go" weighing service.