[A/S] Frozen battery!

Today was the first chance I had to dig out the plowed ice bank to get to
the front of the Airstream and check the batteries.  I've had it connected
to shore power and routinely go into the trailer - everything electric works
fine. I only suspected that the water levels may be low.  The first battery
looked fine, but the second was frozen.  I did a quick check and found no
power going to the frozen battery.  With power to the converter, I am I
correct in assuming there should be power going to the battery - even if
it's frozen?  What should I check next?  The frozen battery isn't split - is
there any chance it's still good?  We only really use battery power when
traveling on our way to a campground.  Can I get by with one?
Chuck Smith
83 Excella 31'
Western PA (and more snow tonight!)