Re: [A/S] Re: Need info on 2 meter radio for RV

Don and other Listees,

Not being very active now, how does one find out about these frequencies to
monitor?  When I was active in the hobby, there used to be a little
palm-sized directory of all the local repeaters.  Would this type of booklet
have the storm-tracking repeater frequencies info in it?

I don't have a GPS yet, but for sure it will be part of the "Big Boy's Toys"
when it comes time to hit the road.  I have Delorme's Map 'n Go, but it
doesn't show the county borders either.  This is the GPS & Mapping system I
planned on using in the car.

Last week I was listening to the local news radio station for their traffic
and weather reports and they didn't mention in plain English where things
were happening.  They talk as if everyone knows where the South Shore Plaza
is or "the lower deck is backed up for 1 hour".  Well, if I were an
out-of-towner, I wouldn't know!  I think this is typical across the
nation....the announcers take for granted that folks know where certain
landmarks are instead of specifically spelling out exactly where there is an
issue with traffic or weather.

RVers don't have any problems in New England! (;>)~
Here in New England, there usually isn't an issue with the weather on the
roads....well there is, but RVers usually aren't on the roads of New England
when the weather is subject to question.  Winter time usually is the most
troublesome period and then, most smart RVers are sunning themselves as far
away as possible.....and I don't blame them.  Come to Boston where we
measure the "Big Dig" by billions of $ and our traffic by the hour and not
the miles.

Thanks for the info and reply!

Rich Walbridge
'93-34' Limited Classic