Re: [A/S] Need info on 2 meter radio for RV

Well, I have a CB in the truck, along with HF, VHF and UHF rigs.  The CB
never gets turned on, :-).  I just put it there in case I get into an
A/S caravan.

Don't need route directions, because the GPS takes care of that for me.
Traffic news might help, but it's usually too late to do much good.
I've only had one flat, and heard that when it happened.

On a recent trip from AZ to PA, I ran across a lot of truckers who had
ham rigs.  It was nice to talk with them without getting all the
language you hear on CB.  The FCC does have rules that must be followed,
or the license is at risk.  Not so with CB.

Ham radio is much quieter, and with most rigs you can tune in the NOAA
weather broadcasts, and in some states, even listen to the police bands.

Find someone who is a ham and check it out.

Roger