Re: [A/S] Deadbolt Installation

I've posted 5 pictures in the e-groups A/S files, in a folder titled
"Deadbolt".

The first is the exterior, showing the location of the surface-mount
lockset.
Next is the plate in the door edge.
Then a shot of the door frame showing the regular door latch plate and
the deadbolt.
Fourth is an inside view, with the deadbolt knob at the lower left.
Last is a shot of the bolt, showing how it was filed down to match the
striker plate.

It looks like you have to find a striker plate to match the thickness of
the door, then file the bolt down to fit that.  This allows the door to
be locked, or when open, the screen door is locked when the bolt is
extended.

I have no details on how it was done, but I'll bet a locksmith could do
it if you printed the pictures so he'd have a rough guide.

Roger

Click on image for a larger picture