[A/S] TV antenna reception

Bob, your diagnostic efforts answered one question.

Another question: Is that piece of antenna wire you used (when you hooked the TV up to a different
antenna) sufficiently long enough to reach from the connection points on your retractable antenna to
your TV? If the wire is long enough, then hook it up to the connection points, route it to your TV
and see if your TV works fine.

If the TV does work fine, then Ahh Haa !!! is your answer.

If the TV doesn't work fine, then you have more questions to ask.

Stay with it,

Terry

PS - When we had the same problem, I eventually deduced that the antenna wire within the walls of
our Airstream had a break in it. It made no sense to me at the time to attempt a rewiring project.
Instead, I installed an external jack and bought a satellite receiver. Voila` - TV par excellence.

When the same problem occurred again with a different Airstream, I found the wires at the
retractable antenna (on the roof) were not soldered well. After cleaning up the connections and
soldering them, Voila` - TV par excellence.